We started handing out our pass along cards about a week and a half ago. Once again I am in awe of what I am learning and privilege to experience.
At first, I thought it would be awkward to hand this card to a person and ask them to pass it along to help our birth mom find us; it has been quite the opposite experience. I have received so much encouragement and support. Jeff and I have heard so many adoption stories, each one so unique and special. I find myself drawn into each story and so excited and honored that these people are willing to share with me.
We traveled to California for the holiday and this pattern continued. As we talked with people, we found ourselves expressing a desire to share the cards not only for our benefit, but for the awareness it could bring to a potential birth parent and the chance it might give to any adoptive couple.
We have realized again this experience is once again not only about us. We find ourselves part of something bigger and wanting to help make adoption possible for anyone whose life it might benefit. This just gets better and better!
No comments:
Post a Comment