I emailed several family and friends and posted on Facebook the news of us getting approved and ask everyone to spread the word to help a birth mom find us.
The messages we received of encouragement, love, and support were wonderful. I was in awe of the number of people who offered to pray on our behalf for the Lord to quickly bless our home with a child. Within an hour of posting on Facebook, several friends had forwarded our message on to their pages. I saw our news and request spread through the country and even parts of the world within two hours. Only ten years ago, maybe even five, this speed of communication would have been unheard of. While the gestures may seem small to some and merely seconds to perform, their impact is immeasurable.
This week also taught me a valuable lesson. Whenever I hear someone is in need, they become part of our prayers. We do it out of love for them and our hearts go to them. The piece I have been missing in this gesture is I rarely tell the people I pray for I am doing so and what they mean to me. This week to feel such an outpour of love was humbling and gave me so much in the form of strength, faith, and pure joy. This continues each time someone else hears our news and offers to join in the effort. This is something I need to pay forward from now on, so that others can know we support them and they can feel what I’ve felt from our loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment